BELLE
It truly was a pleasure, for me, to see the film Belle. I was not expecting to relate to the character Dido in any way. Well besides the color of her skin. Honestly, my thoughts were, "Yes! Finally Belle is in theaters. I must see it right away." Instead, while watching Dido's world unfold I said, "That's me. She's me." Well not so much her circumstances, but some of her struggles she faced. I too a multicultural girl has struggled with my identity. Many times asking myself, where do I fit in society? I wasn't good enough for this side or that side. On multiple occasions I just found myself in the middle and standing on my own. Seeing Belle has helped me understand myself better, and not to suppress the things that my heart desires. So, run don't walk to see this amazing film Belle.
No comments:
Post a Comment