Wednesday, December 3
BEYOND THE LIGHTS
Beyond The Lights is another brilliant piece by Gina Prince-Bythewood. It’s not the typical love story that we see in movies. This love story starts with two people who are different, but yet are the same. What I mean by this is that they come from different worlds, but share the same issue of being true to themselves. The film is about Noni Jean (played by Gugu Mbatha-Raw), a pop star, who almost ends her life due to the pressures of success. But, Kaz Nicol (played by Nate Parker), who’s a young police officer, that saves her. That moment of Noni’s near death experience is what brings them together, because it’s in that moment that Kaz sees Noni for who she really is. Overall, that’s what this love story is about. Seeing that person for who they really are on the inside, and not just looking at the physicality of a person. This is why this film speaks to me. I enjoyed this film so much that I saw it twice. Once as an actor, and the other as an audience member. So, everyone go see and support this film. I promise you will enjoy it!
For more information about Beyond The Lights visit: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3125324/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment